Kition Research Limited
Kition Research is a small and agile consultancy based in Cambridge (UK). We focus on engineering analysis, including technology audits of proposed products and processes. We have an outstanding track record in fast and efficient proof of principle/proof of concept studies, determining the potential and performance limits of novel technologies.
Contracting with Kition Research allows companies to add specialised resource quickly, efficiently, and only as needed.
Kition’s technical USPs are:
- an exceptional analytical and intuitive understanding of physical engineering systems;
- the ability to analyse fundamental principles to determine theoretical performance and to understand real limitations to attainable performance;
- the experience and ability to design, analyse, and experiment to get the best possible performance out of a prototype or product (be it algorithmic, mechanical, fluid-mechanical or electrical) to a budget, leading a team when appropriate; and
- the ability to get up to speed fast in upcoming new fields, cross-fertilising experience from other areas.
References are available on request.
Since the establishment of Kition Research Limited in 2013, it has worked on projects including:
- control of non-Newtonian fluids in medical devices (for a midsized Pharma co),
- specialised communications using novel acoustic modems (for a Cambridge start-up),
- wireline sticking/drag in oilwells (for an oilfield services company),
- controlling flows in gas anaesthetic systems (for a Cambridge start-up and a US medical devices company),
- the potential for electric turbocharging (for a VC consortium), and
- characterising the “mode of action” and performance of a novel spray generation technology (for an international start-up).
Most recently the Principal Investigator, under a secondment contract with an Anglo-Swedish start-up, led the development and supported the commercial exploitation of a novel continuous flow peptide synthesis technology.
Kition's principal investigator/collaborators typically mix on-site work (eg experiments) with theoretical/analytical activities based as appropriate. Location is not an issue, including clients outside the UK. Project lengths have ranged from one man day to three man years.
Collaborators, resources and university contacts
Kition Research has an informal network of collaborators able to join projects as appropriate. It also has direct access to international academic literature databases and scientific publications. It has good contacts in Cambridge and other universities, and with other complimentary engineering resources.
This website still under construction; this is a "beta" version. August 2018.
© Kition Research Limited 2018Registered as a limited company in England and Wales. Registered address 204 Chesterton Road, Cambridge CB4 1NE. GB company number 08395162